Monday, October 5, 2009

59) Paul was predestined and called by God

Galatians 1:15-16 But when he who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by his grace, (16) was pleased to reveal his Son to me, in order that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with anyone;

Paul states emphatically that his call by God was predestined before he was even born. While some may debate God’s predestination and sovereign effectual call as universal principle, there is no doubt that Paul was predestined, called, and saved by grace alone. It is also clear that Paul received his revelation and instructions unfiltered, directly from God, for the purpose of preaching among the Gentiles. It is important to note that Paul’s gospel DOES NOT conflict with the gospel principles of the other apostles. When any gospel message is in direct contradiction with the New Testament, such as the book of Mormon, you can be sure it is a false gospel.

Focus on Christ #59

No comments: