Friday, December 4, 2009

91) Christians are under the Law of Christ, not the Law of Moses

1 Corinthians 9:20-21 To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews. To those under the law I became as one under the law (though not being myself under the law) that I might win those under the law. (21) To those outside the law I became as one outside the law (not being outside the law of God but under the law of Christ) that I might win those outside the law.

Paul states clearly that he is not under old covenant Law but is under the law of Christ. He does not distinguish between three different categories of the law, and he does not do that anywhere in his epistles. In fact, the Bible as a whole makes no such distinctions. Jesus said, “if you love me, you will obey my commands.” That means the law of Christ, and it is found in the New Testament.

Focus on Christ #91

1 comment:

mark pierson said...

That post was SO right-on!!!

"Paul states clearly that he is not under old covenant Law, but is under the law of Christ. He does not distinguish between three different categories of the law and he does not do that anywhere in his epistles."

Well said!!